Sunday, May 5, 2013

Choose a Line: beast of no nation by Uzodinma Iweala


 The name of my book is beats of no nation, by Uzodinma Iweala.
 In this book a young boy Agu who's from a unknown West African nation who's recruited to fight in a civil war. At a young age Agu lost his father. While fighting in the the war Agu lost his child innocence, and his original ways of life no longer exist. What inspired me was how Agu took on his role for fighting for his country. "... I am tasting blood. I an feeling like vomiting. The whole place around us I shaking, just shaking rotten fruit from the shelf..." This line inspires me because he's saying he's sick, but he's still getting up to fight for his country which takes courage.
Even though I have just started this book I believe it would teach me a life lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment