Monday, May 6, 2013

Looking for Alaska By: John Green

This week I started reading Looking for Alaska by John Green.  I haven't gotten very far in the story yet but so far I am really enjoying it.  John Green is one of my favorite authors. I feel like his novels speak to the reader and make them feel connected to the main character.
"Francois Rabelais. He was this poet. And his last words were 'I go to seek a Great Perhaps.' That's why I am going. So I don't have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps." (page 7)
This quote was said by the main character Miles Halter.  Even though I haven't gotten very far in the story, it is to my understanding that Miles is tired of his boring and safe life at home.  He leaves for boarding school to seek what Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Miles doesn't want to waste his life away by sitting at home and doing nothing   He wants to explore and make the most of his life.  That is why Miles decided to go to Culver Creek Preparatory High School in  Alabama for his junior year.  Miles leaves in the hopes of finding a better and more exciting life.  He wishes to to find the adventure and excitement he's desperately looking for.
Looking for Alaska by John Green is an amazing book.  I am really enjoying it so far.  I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading.
Rate (10/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment