Monday, May 6, 2013

Choose a line- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

 
I have just started reading The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. To the point that I have read, Noah is an older man that shares his expiriences with the reader. He explains how there is a women who he hears crying and he knows exactly who it is. Next, he tells the reader how he hopes "this time it will work" or that "she will remember." He says "I realized the odds and science are against me but science is not te total answer; this I know. This i have learned in my lifetime. And that leaves me with the belief that miracles, no matter how inexplicable or unbelieveable, are real and can occur without regard to the natural order of things so once again just as I do everyday I begin to read the notebook aloud, so that she can hear it, in the hope that the miracle that has come to dominate my life will once again prevail."(page 5) In this quote, Noah talks about how she is "the miracle that has come to dominate my life." By this sentance alone Noah explains his love for this women that has forgotten him. The quote in itself expresses his true love for this woman. He has dedicated his time to her and never left her. Even with all the odds against him he is still there for her; supporting her and trying ot help her remember. This is my favorite quote because it shows his love and dedication to this woman. Nicholas Sparks wrote this quote to set the introduction for the whole book.
 
I rate this book a 10/10.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I liked how you summarized and gave an idea of what you're reading so far. Nice job on explaining the quote.

    ReplyDelete