Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (redo)

        I recently began the read the novel A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I am just at the beginning of the novel, but I can already connect it to another story I have read called The Notebook, also written by Nicholas Sparks. The two novels both share similar themes.
       The main theme both novels share is that love can overcome anything. In A Walk to Remember, Jamie and Landon are two very different people. Landon a bad boy, who cannot stay out of trouble, while Jamie is very religious and smart, with a bible always in hand. Landon was very confident into taking Jamie to the homecoming dance and getting to know her. As well as reading A Walk to Remember, I have also seen the movie. I know that Jamie eventually gets diagnosed with leukemia, but Landon does all he can to keep their love alive.
        A Walk to Remember shares a connection to The Notebook, because they both share the same genre as romance and still the theme that love can overcome anything. Ally and Noah stayed in love with years of  not seeing each other. They made distance work into their relationship. No matter how many setbacks the two faced, their love always brought them back together.
       Both stories share a similar theme. No matter how many obstacles each couple faced, they still loved each other.
      I am really enjoying A Walk to Remember so far. The book started off slow, but the plot eventually got more and more interesting. I am hoping the book i
s just as good as the movie. I recommend this novel to those interested in romance and drama. So far, I rate this book an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment