Sunday, March 10, 2013

Perfect Chemistry (Dear author)

Dear Simone Elkeles,

     My name is Alyssa, and I am a freshman in high school. I recently read your novel Perfect Chemistry, and really enjoyed it. Throughout my enjoyment of the book, I learned many helpful life lessons as well.
     The biggest and most important lesson I learned was to never judge someone by their appearance. At first Brittany wanted nothing to do with her gang member lab partner Alex, but once she got to know him, her life was changed. The novel taught me to never judge anyone until you really get to know them. At some parts of the book, Brittany was looked down upon for being seen with Alex, but that was only because others did not actually get to know him.
     I really liked the plot of the story, it really kept me reading. At some points I couldn't even put it down. I liked that the story kept me interested, while I was learning some life lessons as well. I can relate to parts of the book too. Some of my best friends came to my school as new students. I knew nothing about them, but once I got to know them I soon realized we shared so much in common. It is never right to judge someone. It's even worse if you do not know the person. That is the main idea Perfect Chemistry taught me.
    I will be sure to recommend your book to others, it really kept me reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment