Saturday, March 9, 2013

Night by Elie Wiesel (Letter to Author)

Dear Mr. Elie Wiesel, 
          Hi, my name is Kaitlin and I'm in the ninth grade. Last year, I read your book Night with my English class. I was really excited to go to class each day so we could read the book. It was so interesting to here the story of someone who lived through the Holocaust. Hearing what happened as we read was so heartbreaking.
          You were so young when al this happened. Being able to live through all of this means that you are a very strong person. I mean having every single one of your family members die is hard as it is. You were all alone. Watching other people around you get beaten and die for no reason was probably hard too. I'm sorry for what happened to your family.
           I have always wondered why the whole Holocaust happened. It doesn't make sense. Capturing all the Jewish people and bringing them to the Auschwitz concentration camp is just so cruel. The camp was surrounded by barbed wire and under twenty-four hour watch so there was absolutely no way of escaping. People tried anyway though because they figured they were going to die anyways so why not try to survive. They ended up dead. That is why I admire you because you thought positive and knew that you would get out so you didn't try to escape. You went through each day strong and holding yourself together.
          I love this book so much. It was so amazing to learn things I would have never known. I love hearing about things like your experience. I have always wanted to hear about what it was like to live through the titanic. It is still amazing to me how you survived through all that. What made you decide to write this book and share your moving story with everyone?
 
Thank you for your time,
Kaitlin
          


No comments:

Post a Comment