Sunday, March 10, 2013

Night (Letter to author)


Dear Elie Wiesel,

I am a 9th grader and I read your book last year with my english class. I felt I had a great connection with you just from reading your book. It made it enjoyable to read because I could kind of relate to your story about your experience in the Holocaust.
        I am Jewish also. My great grandparents were survivors in the Holocaust just like you are. Its hard to think that my loved ones had to go through such hard times like you had too. I can't imagine losing my family and being all alone. That shows some true courage. I can't imagine how hard it was to just see all of the people dying around you. You must have been really scared. I don't know if I would have been able to survive myself.
       I am so thankful for people like you who survived the Holocaust. If it wasn't for you guys, I don't know if the Jewish religion would still be around today. Because of the Holocaust it makes me love my religion more than I already do. Whenever I go to temple, no matter how boring it can be sometimes, I always stay positive because I know that there could be non survivors wishing they could go to temple one last time.
         I just want to say thank you for sharing your story with the world. It must have been really hard to recite the hardships you and the other Jews faced during this horrible time. It was such an honor to read your book.
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                      Sincerely,
                                                                                                      Sydney S.


No comments:

Post a Comment