Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Five People You Meet In Heavan (Dear Author)

Dear Mitch Albom,


        My name is Ryan and I read your book The Five People You Meet In Heaven  in 7th grade and i thought it was extremely interesting. Some parts I didn't get but as a 7th grader at the time i understand why. I'm going to read your book again now as a freshman because I understand the sophistication of your book and I believe ill understand the concept more clearly now. The things i didn't understand is in the end of the book i feel like you made it out like Eddie was a remorseful person when i don't think he could of saved Tala even if he recognized that she was in that hut. It just made me sad to see a kind, big-hearted person like Eddie so be filled with sorrow because of something he had no control over. I did enjoy where he washed her of her burns with the stone and it was a very emotional scene i could picture in my head. Through out the book each person he met had a meaning. I understand the blue man represented that no life is a waste. He said "The only time that we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone" and i thought that was very true but what was the meaning when he met his wife? He got to dance with her one more time, and I felt the emotion. Was it trying to connect the similarity between the time he got back from war and saw her for the first time in a very long time to the time they meet in heaven? This book showed me when Eddie’s wife passed away, he lost the only person that he ever really loved. And when she left him, he lost the impact of that love in his life. What he did not realize was that she never left him. While she was watching him from heaven, she left him with the memories of their life together, and in this way their love never ended. It took death for Eddie to realize this, and after reading the book i get it know. Its clear to me what youre telling us. In life, we have two major types of people that you should remeber, people who are a huge impact of your life and help creat memories that will be remebered forever, and those people who you are a huge impact in thier life, and help shape their life and memories. But everyone knows a third kind of person. The people who fit into both of those categorys. Those people, are family. Family that could be related or not, but the point is that even when things pass and go and friends fade, the memories are the result of that and its worth every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment