Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Girl Who Threw Butterflies (Dear Author)

Dear author Mick Cochrane,
Over the summer I was assigned to read your book The Girl Who Threw Butterflies.  I actually really enjoyed reading this book.  I felt like it truly inspired me to stand up for what I believe in no matter the circumstances.  Molly is a strong, talented, and brave girl.  She works her hardest to prove that she can be part of the baseball team too. Even though this is the boys baseball team, she feels that this is the only way she can hold onto the memory of her father.  Molly is doing what her hearts wants and that means something to me.
Since I was little my father has taught me softball. We spent hours in the yard playing catch, just like Molly and her father. He taught me to play my hardest no matter what.  In a way, that is what Molly is doing.  She is playing her hardest to be accepted by the team.  Even though the boys judge her, mock her, and make fun of her, Molly keeps her head up high and doesn't let the hurtful words get to her.  Because of Molly's hard work, she makes the team. Throughout the book, she gains more and more respect from her teammates.  She knew this journey wasn't going to be easy, but she followed her heart, and in the end, that is all that mattered.
Your book has shown me that if you work your hardest you can do anything you set your mind to.  It has inspired me to never give up on my dreams no matter how hard or impossible they are.  We all go through points in our lives where we doubt ourselves, but now that I have read The Girl Who Threw Butterflies,  I know that there is always a way to accomplish the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment