Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

          This week I started reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I'm not very far into the book, but I can already connect this book to another book I have read. This book has a few similarities and differences to the book Twilight.
          The Host is about a girl that gets taken away and her body is used as a host. It is an alien type book. This girl has to try to stop these aliens from taking over every human body. When you are used as a host, you don't know it. Your whole mind changes. Twilight is about a vampire and a girl falling in love. This book is more vampires. This vampire tries so hard to make sure that the girl he loves stays safe. When there are very thirsty vampires roaming the world, it is very hard to stay away from them.  You need to be protected if you want to live. The books are somewhat different.
          These two books are also similar in certain ways. They are written by the same author so they relate in some ways. Both of these books are types of sci-fi books, meaning that they contain non-realistic characters. They both have a romantic plot line and a violent, live or die plot line. One more way they are similar is the way Stephenie Meyer describes the details of things. It is very descriptive and it is like you are actually there. I really like Stephenie Meyer as an author and how she is very fluent with her writing.
          I chose this connection because both the books are written by the same author. There is nothing better then connecting to books together by the same person. It shows a person what the author is capable of and if she only writes the same genre. I think Stephenie Myer is really into writing about sci-fi. It is very important for an author to have connections in the books that he/she has written. I really enjoyed reading these two books. I think The Host is one of the best books I have read. This book is a bit challenging, but I recommend it to people who enjoy sci-fi. I rate this book a 10/10.




1 comment:

  1. Good job! I really liked how you connected these books! I have only read Twilight, but by reading your blog The Host sounds great! I also really like Stephanie Meyer as an author too!

    ReplyDelete