Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Half Brother (redo) (comparison)

This week I started reading Half Brother by Kennneth Oppel. So far it looks like an appealing story. It's about Ben Tomlin who is 13 years old. Hes like basically every teenager. He likes reading popular mechanics. In the first couple chapters, Ben explains how he is moving to the other side of Canada  His parents are behavioral scientists. His mom is on a trip currently bringing back a baby chimp for her research. 
In reading the first few chapters, I had already connected to  the main character, Ben Tomlin. We relate in a lot of ways. He is in to Technology, his mom works a lot, and  he doesn't like change.
First Ben is moving to Canada  He doesn't want to leave his friends and doesn't want to go to a new place because he likes where he is. That's exactly how I felt when I moved to Buffalo. I didn't want to leave my friends and have to adjust to a new place.
Ben's mom brings home a chimp,Zan, who ends up taking all the attention of the parents. Ben, not liking change, does not like Zan.  I connect with Ben because we both have a similar mind set and hate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment