Sunday, February 10, 2013

Alex Rider Skeleton Key Setting

I just started reading this book and there are 3 different settings in the book so far. The book starts off with people that land in Cuba as an introduction to the book. Then the book goes to Alex at school. Finally Alex is at the Wimbledon in England and it seems that he will stay here for the rest of the book, not sure yet just a prediction considering his mission is here. It takes place in present time, I don't know the specific year. The setting is very important considering that the whole mission and really the whole book revolve around this event. Mr. Crawley says on page 28 “My belief is that somebody is intending to sabotage Wimbledon this year,”. I believe that this is a good quote to use because Mr. Crawley works for M16 and Alex is a spy so he eventually sends Alex on a mission to investigate.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! You really gave me a clear image of the setting and what's going on in this book. Your quote explained why he is at the current setting. Although I would like if you would include a picture of the book, because that could help to attract my interest better. But anyways good post!

    ReplyDelete