Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bloomability By: Sharon Creech

     The main character in my book, Bloomability,  is Domenica Santolina Doone, or Dinnie as she likes to be called. Dinne is a very positive thinking and adaptive character.
    Dinnie is adaptive because her family has moved multiple times over the past years, and the fact that she is able to adapt to each new home the way she does is amazing. Dinnie says,"By the time I was twelve, we'd followed my father from Kentucky to Virginia to North Carolina to Tennessee to Ohio to Indiana to Wisconsin to Oklahoma to Oregon to Texas to California to New Mexico. My things fit into one box." ( Page 2). This quote proves that Dinnie has been able to move to multiple places and is able to adapt to every single one of them.
    Dinnie is also a positive character because when she is sent off to live with her Aunt Sandy and Uncle Max, she looks at the experience as a good one, not a bad one. Her aunt and uncle live in Switzerland so she has many new opportunities there. Dinnie says, "Later I would be able to look at this view and to see it and appreciate it, and it would affect me profoundly. But on that first day, I could only see what wasn't there: my family." ( Page 24). This quote really proves that Dinnie always puts things in a positive light. When she first arrived there, Dinnie thought this experience was just going to be like all of the other ones. But when she realizes how different this one is, she comes to realize that she will enjoy this experience a lot more.
    I predict, as I get more into this book, that Dinnie will learn to love her experience in Switzerland more then she ever realized. I think Dinnie will make new friends of all different cultures and personalities here as well.

                                         I RATE THIS BOOK A 8/10

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good blog! This book sounds really interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete