Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Potter is Back!

Well its been a while since I've picked up a Harry potter because I stopped reading to read the Michael Vey Series. So here I am picking up where I left off at the second book in the series.
So far the book takes place at 4 Pivet Drive, but for the majority of the book, I know it takes place at the Hogwarts  School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry's current residence is in a small neighborhood in England. Although it is a big setting in the book, Howgart's location hasn't been mentioned yet. The time period of this book isn't really mentioned because its fictional, but I guess you can say it's in modern times. The setting is big part of the story and the book would not make sense without it because you can't have a wizard going to regular school or no school at all; it would just make the story boring and unappealing. I think Hogwarts is the most important place in the book because it is where basically the whole book takes place. It's where Harry is for most of the book and where he endeavors his problems. Finding a quote about setting in this book is hard because J.K. Rowling assumes you read the first book so she doesn't have to go back into detail of where Harry is because you already know. So far the only setting quote is "...at number four,Pivet Drive." I look foward too reading this book more.

No comments:

Post a Comment