Sunday, February 10, 2013

Throne of Fire

My book, The Throne of Fire, takes place in Brooklyn, New York during the 21st Century. The book does not tell me the exact year but they refer to iPhones and iPods so I infer its in the present time. The setting is not really important because the main characters, Sadie and Carter Kane are always on quests and the safehouse that they live in is identical to hundreds all over the world. So far the most important setting is in Brooklyn because that's where the main characters have been most of the book so far. But I just stopped in the book where the Carter and Sadie arrive in Russia looking for a scroll. So far I do not know what is so important about Russia but I feel like something is going to happen. "As we flew toward home, Sadie's scroll burned brighter. When I looked down, ghostly white fires were blazing across every rooftop in Brooklyn." This shows that Brooklyn is the main setting because the quote says that they are flying home and the white flames burning give a sign of a main plot.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! You did an excellent job using the quote to show that Brooklyn was an important setting. Also, I agree with you that Russia is going to be an important or else the author would not have mentioned it. Keep up the good work! I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete