Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

The main character in my book is Carter. Carter is nerdy and brave. He is intelligent because when his mom died his dad home schooled him. His dad taught him much about Egyptian mythology and other subjects. In the book Sadie says," After six years of homeschooling and traveling with Dad, Carter had been hopelessly out of touch. He'd dressed like a junior executive, in crisp white shirts and slacks (page 52)." He is brave because his was told that he was going to be pharoah of Egypt somedayand I know if I heard that I would freak out. He also sticks up for his students and is usually the first one to react. In the book Carter says," I gripped my sword tight. The blade began to glow. I wished I still had Horus's voice inside my head, egging me on. Having a personal war god makes it easier to do stupidly brave things (page 18)." I think as the book goes on Carter is going to have to make a choice to save his friends and have to sacrifice himself or do something brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment