Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ruined, By: Paula Morris

                The setting of my book is in Louisanna. The city is New Orleans where Hurricane Kateria hit. All of the action in this book takes place in New Orleans. This book gives historical background from 1866 then finishes the story in the modern 21st century.
                 The setting in this book plays a very important role. If the setting changed the book would make no sense at all. The book takes place in many differrent places. The places are the airport, the school, Aunt Claudia's house, and the cemetery. I think the most important place in the book is the cemetery. That is the most important place because that is where Rebecca finds a ghost that knows everything about the town. The ghosts name is Lisette and she wants to be Rebeccas friend, but why? Why would a ghost want to tell Rebecca something? Is there something we dont know about Lisette? "People have seen me before, and i've always understood why. But I don't know about you. That's the reason I was so suprised last week, when you fell over on the pathway. I said something to you, but I talk to people all the time - they never hear me. But you could hear me, and then i realized you could see me as well."said Lisette.This quote shows that Lisette was so excited that someone could see and hear her and she wants to know why she can. There is something important between Lisette and Rebecca, but what is it?
               

1 comment:

  1. Great job on this blog post! You gave a really good explanation of the different settings. I like how you asked questions about the plot. Also, I like how you wrote a quote and then explained it.

    ReplyDelete