Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dancergirl by: Carol M. Tanzman

       In the story Dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman, the main character Alicia, lives in Manhattan, part of New York City. The majority of the story takes place in her hometown of Manhattan. Dancergirl takes place in the modern 21st century. In other words, present-day today. The role of the setting does not really matter in the story. If the time period did change, the characters or the story would still go on exactly the same.
     In my opinion, the most important setting in the book would best be Alicia's house, or mainly her bedroom. I think Alicia's house is most important because that is where the leaked footage of her was filmed. Most of the conflicts and the most important parts of the story mainly happen at her house."Sitting on the fire escape, on the other side of the window-pane, is a tiny camera. The lens points straight at me!" (Pg. 62) Alicia is talking about the camera being located on her window. This is when she first discovered she was being secretly filmed. This is one of the most important parts of the story, and the quote talks about the location of the camera and the main setting in the book.
    In this section of my reading, I found out that Jacy has a rare disease called Retinitis Pigmentosa. The disease means that he looses peripheral and night vision. Therefore, it would be impossible for him to "stalk" Alicia and to be the one filming her. In my opinion, I was shocked. I actually did think that Jacy could be a possible suspect into the one who filmed and posted the video. I now do not have any idea into who this person is.
  So far, the story keeps getting more and more interesting! You never know what will happen next. I recommend this book to a reader who likes suspense and mystery.

2 comments:

  1. Did you have any questions when you were reading the book? What were they? I like how you showed how much you loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you comment on what you are reading, and even ask a question based on your setting. You may have mentioned something about the camera in a previous entry, but I am confused-- the camera seems like an important part of the story, but what was filmed and what affect did it have on Alicia? It sounds so intriguing...

    ReplyDelete