Friday, February 15, 2013

Joker One (Review)


            The book I choose to read for the past couple of weeks is Joker One. It is a book written by Donovan Campbell, he is also the leader of the book. The book is about a U.S. Marine platoon in Iraq. Throughout the book Donovan encounters firefights, IED's, and other dangers without a single death from the platoon. I really enjoyed this book, Donovan tells thoroughly of his service in Iraq and what his team mates do while with him. Donovan told the reader what its like to lead a platoon and the hardships they, and other branches of the military, faced. I think the book will appeal to those who are looking to be an officer or if they are interested in the military. I give this book a perfect 10/10

2 comments:

  1. This sounds cool Connor! I notice you have an interest in books about military. It seems you really like this book because you gave it a 10 out of 10. In your first sentence, you said, “The book I choose to read...” You used the present tense when I think you meant to use the past tense. "The book I chose to read...” Also, teammate is one word instead of two as you used it. You make the book sound very interesting by describing how Donovan went through all of those dangerous obstacles without a single death from his platoon. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarification: Please note, one of the members of Joker One - Lance Corporal Todd Bolding lost his life in this book.

    ReplyDelete