Sunday, February 3, 2013

You Have Seven Messages By: Stewart Lewis

         Luna is the main character in this book. She has had a very rough year due to her mother's death. When she found her moms phone with seven messages on it, her perspective on her mother's death changed.
         I would describe Luna as determined and responsible. Throughout this book, Luna has been searching for clues to help her find the truth about her mother's death. She is determined to find out everything about her mother's death. She won't let anything get in the way. "I checked the lost and found at school for Mom's phone: no luck." (page 171) When Luna lost her mom's phone, she did not let that stop her from finding out about her death. Luna is responsible because she does everything she can to protect her brother Tile from the truth of her mother's death. "But i'm going to try my hardest to protect him. In my eyes, he is just a small flower, and I feel like i'm becoming a strong tree. There will be storms, and he will need shelter." (page 180)
         My prediction for the end of this book is going to be that Luna is going to find her mom's phone and be able to listen to the last message. This last message will reveal something very important that will tie her mother's death together. Also, I predict that Oliver will come running back to Luna. and they will date. I can't wait to read the rest to find out if my prediction is correct!

1 comment:

  1. Syd this book looks very interesting. Luna seems like a great big sister. I wonder what big clue the phone has to her mothers death...

    ReplyDelete